Sunday, February 27, 2011

FROM TUMMY TO BOOTY

Well, she's only done it once so far, so I have zero video or photographic evidence, but we're calling it a milestone reached today. Her Grambot and Grandpa can vouch for her, since she did it while we were Skyping this morning. We were talking about how Cora is finally starting to scoot forward (not just backward). She digs her tiny toes into the carpet (or bed), lifts her booty way up high, then flattens back out in an inch-worm motion that moves her forward ever so slightly. When she does it a few times in a row, so she can actually move enough to reach a toy (or her Mama). Fun stuff. So, I laid her on her belly in the hopes that she'd show off for her grandparents, but instead she pushed back and just sat right up, like she's been doing it forever. Of course, when I laid her back on her tummy so she could do it again for the camera and to show her Daddy, she threw a fit until I picked her up. Oh well, maybe tomorrow. Here's our little inch-worm outside yesterday afternoon. She had started off on the blue mat, up by the slide, but scooted herself backward off the mat and onto the tile. Good thing she landed in a spot that had been warmed by the sun, or that belly of hers would have been awfully cold...

No comments: