When James wouldn't eat yesterday, we knew something was up. We checked his temp when we got home from dinner (low-grade fever) and peeked into his mouth (swollen and splotchy throat). A call to Dr. Mom assured us that we needed to monitor his temp and see how the night would go, and take him in if the condition worsened. We dosed him with ibuprofen, coaxed him into eating a bit of yogurt, and got him into bed. All was well until 3:45 AM when he woke with a nasty cough. NASTY. And he still had a bit of a fever. So off to the on-call morning clinic he went with Jay as soon as they opened. Turns out he has croup again (this makes #5 - he gets it every single time the season changes, or the weather drastically changes, like with our recent snowfall and cold snap) and a likely case of strep throat (the on-call doc was our pediatrician, and she didn't want to wait on cultures before prescribing something). So he's on antibiotics again. Something to knock out both illnesses. His fever spiked to 102 shortly after they got home. He slept for over 3 hours this afternoon though, and seems to be feeling a bit better. I tell ya, this kid really, truly, can't catch a break. I hope that what they say, that frequency of illness in kids starts to subside at 2-years-old, is true. Between him and Cora, the house is full of sicky poo's, and Jay and I are just hoping we don't catch it. Because the only thing worse than 2 sick kids is a pair of sick parents to go along with them. Boo.

Oh yeah, and his hair looked AWESOME after his nap.
2 comments:
Poor James! I think the warmer seasons and next Winter will treat you much better though. I love the hair though =)
Ugh, get better everyone!
Post a Comment