Sunday, February 6, 2011

"C" IS FOR...

"C" is for Cora.

And "C" is for Chunk.

We need to weigh this girl. Seriously. I swear she's gained 2 pounds this week. Or maybe it's 10. At least, that's how it feels to pick her up and cart her around all day.

(She's definitely a "thicker" baby than James was at this age. Hmmm, could it be because she doesn't move? At all? She prefers to just sit around and look pretty...)

"C" also stands for Creepy.

Her Grambot says we're not allowed to give her the nickname Creepy Cora, but one of her habits has recently been giving her daycare ladies the creeps. See, Cora is the silent type (unless she's mad, obviously). If she's happy and content, she's just going to sit there (or lay there) and look around, taking things in. And watch you. Watch your every move. Last week, her daycare teachers mentioned to me that they think it's so odd that she can be sleeping in her swing, and they'll go about fixing a bottle for another baby or cleaning up a mess, then turn around to find Cora staring them down. Not making a peep. Just keeping her eyes on them. All I could do was laugh, since she's been doing that to us for as long as I can remember. In fact, I recall that when we first moved her into her crib, I was watching her on her monitor. To save battery life, the screen turns off after a minute or two. Being the paranoid mama that I am, with my baby girl in her own bed in her own room for the first time, I immediately clicked that screen back on. And I almost screamed because she scared me so bad. My baby who had been fast asleep 10 seconds before, was staring directly at the camera. Crrreeeee-ppy!

3 comments:

Dawn Hancock said...

That is hilarious! I laughed out loud!! Coltin was such a chunk too so don't worry, they do thin out. He also watched every move we made. He was so observant... I can't wait to see how this baby is =)

Michelle Bourne said...

I'm with Dawn, I laughed out loud on that one! I always wonder what is going through babyies minds.

Al and Christina said...

C is for Cute Cuddly Cora. She has thighs! I love them and wish Will had them. He's Mr. Skinny Legs.

The video monitor can make babies look scary creepy. Will woke up around 11 last night and fussed for about an hour. We both went in there to rock him, clean out his poor nose, and finally gave him not one, but two bottles. Al finally got him settled down and I watched him over the monitor, lay on his back for a while staring at the camera slowly blinking like a lizard. Freaky.