No, we didn't actually work on a Sunday, but it sure felt like it! We started the morning off right with a big breakfast, basket rides around the kitchen, and Skyping with the Bacons (ALL of them!), then got down to work...

It's amazing how much we can accomplish when we work as a team. We did the dishes, cleaned the counters and table and chairs (high chair and booster seat included), mopped the floors, put away a wide array of toys, vacuumed, finished all the laundry, scrubbed the bathrooms, organized diapers, packed daycare bags, lowered the mattress on Cora's crib (no, she wasn't impressed), put away the many piles of clean clothes, hung our new weekly meal plan chalkboard (an idea I got from Jill, in the hopes that it will encourage us to continue to make and STICK TO a meal plan each week), and even multi-tasked by making our past-due Easter meal (ham, carrots, and mashed potatoes - all recipes from the
CrockPot 365 blog) while we cleaned.


Since James had a good day (he seemed to be feeling MUCH better and avoided having any 45-minute long tantrums) and both kids were awesome while we got the house under control, we took them to the park in the afternoon for an hour of sunshine and fresh air.

After a quick stop at the grocery store, James helped his Daddy blow leaves off the driveway and walkways (while wearing the appropriate PPE, of course) while I finished up last minute dinner preparations.

We thought the ham was good, but not great. The glazed carrots and cream cheese garlic mashers were awesome though. Cora ate some of everything, and LOTS of potatoes. James picked at his food until we caved and gave him cheese and oranges. I swear the kid is turning into a cheese-head. Must be the Wisconsin blood in him... Anyway, we managed to get bath and bedtime done on time. It only took 4 tries to get James to stay in bed (though he went looking for his Daddy and giggled about having to be put back in bed during the first 3 attempts). Cora passed out quickly, and I took the opportunity to try getting her into her crib. I cradled her head in her lovey, replaced myself with her paci, and lowered her ever so slowly to the mattress. I hadn't done that since James was still in the crib (14-months-old) and I was 8-months pregnant with Cora, and it was certainly much easier than I had anticipated. I walked around for the next 20 minutes with the monitor clipped to my hip, just waiting. And she did wake once. I let her fuss until she sat up and cried, then I ran up and tried to soothe her without picking her up. To my surprise, it worked. I laid her down and replaced her paci, helped her flip over to her tummy, and held my hand on her back until her breathing slowed. I was able to sneak out not 3 minutes later. And the little sweetheart slept for 6 hours straight through, in her crib, all by herself, until her normally "scheduled" 2:30am middle-of-the-night snack. And when she woke for that, she was extremely chill. But not extremely tired. I cuddled her on my chest and rocked in the glider for the first time in 4 months, and it was heaven. After 30 minutes I thought she surely must be asleep, since she hadn't moved a muscle. But as I craned my neck around to peak at her eyes, I saw that she was wide awake. She looked up at me and smiled, and it was then I knew she'd be spending the rest of the night in bed with me. She sure knows how to get her way! No worries though. Baby steps... Someday she's BOUND to STTN again, in her own bed, right? Right?...

No comments:
Post a Comment