Friday, May 27, 2011

"MY PUPCAKES! MY COLORS!"

My aunt Margie sent me an awesome recipe for a rainbow cake about 9 months ago and I've been dying to try it! Then we decided that Cora's 1st birthday party will have a rainbows and sunshine theme, making it the perfect opportunity to make such a colorful cake. But I don't feel like making a cake. I prefer cupcakes. And cupcakes are more kid-friendly anyway. So James and I did a trial run last night. It was his first time "helping" in the kitchen, and he loved it. He was very protective of his "pupcakes" and "colors"...
I made half of them rainbow up, and the other half rainbow down:
Pretty enough not to need frosting. Of course, I HAVE to have frosting. Homemade. So I added my favorite white chocolate cream cheese frosting. After James did a taste test. What? Doesn't every parent give their 27-month-old a cupcake right before bed at 7:30pm?..."Yay! Pupcake!"*taste the rainbow*
That thing was gone in 30 seconds flat. I kid you not. My boy doesn't mess around when it comes to pupcakes. A child after my own heart...

1 comment:

kj said...

Can you share the recipe, please?