Thursday, May 19, 2011

IF THE ZOO FITS...

Have I mentioned that I LOVE our kids' daycare teachers? Well, we do. And at the end of the afternoon, near the end of the week, when my eyes are blurry from scoring fragment analysis runs and compiling genotypes, not to mention the tall white (nearly empty) walls of my office and the bright fluorescent lighting, James' teacher almost always surprises me with text messages. Sometimes it's a video. Sometimes it's a photo. Today it was a group portrait. She told me that she grabbed all the zoo hats, matched them to the kids based on their personalities, then performed a miracle to get them to all sit/stand still long enough for her to take a few shots. This was the best one:

She told me she put James in the giraffe hat because he is almost always laid back. And constantly chewing on something. Fitting, no? I agree that the duck fits Camille, since she still waddles a bit when she walks. Kade is a perfect fish, since he's a lover and a hugger and always makes kissy faces at everyone. I see a few lions and tigers (Hi Will!) and Gabriel the turtle (because he's short, not because he's slow - he's not), but I have no idea how Zach ended up as a Toucan. Maybe he was the last in line to get a hat...

No comments: