Daycare was closed today due to a sudden need to replace the AC unit and insulation, and fix a rumored roof cave-in. We argued the point, not understanding why it needed to be done immediately (they JUST told us at the end of the day on Tuesday!), but we didn't win. Since I'm spending all my accrued annual leave on vacation for the next 2 weeks, and Jay has some comp time saved up from recent conference travel, he offered to keep both kids. His first time ever being alone with the 2 of them. And because he's such a brave guy (I mean, nice guy), he offered to keep our pal Will too. I tried to get him to recruit Coltin and baby Emma as well, but his eyes got wide. A little too wide. Luckily, Dawn & Stirlin had already found a babysitter for the day. I was just teasing Jay, anyway. Just liked I teased Michelle and Jerry Tuesday night when we visited baby Mason, telling them that we needed them to babysit our kiddos alongside their newborn. I'm funny like that. Anyway, Jay was actually pretty excited to have a crack at Daddy Daycare today. And I left the camera handy, so he could document any priceless moments...
James started his day off with "robots", a special treat, since we normally only let him watch it on the weekends. That's WALL-E for those not in the know. Seems Will was intrigued as well. Jay said it didn't last long though. Will had more important things to do than waste time in front of the TV (Good boy Will!) Jay reported that Will only had one moment of sadness, when he realized his daddy was gone. James was shoving "Choo Choo!" in his face and overwhelming him, so Jay had to hold Will for a bit to give him some space. But then it was right back to play time.

He and Cora played with the train table a lot.

And the cats. Or "duck-o", as Will called them.

He had fun driving cars around on Jay.

Cora dismantled James' bookshelf numerous times.

And they all sat down for a good lunch.

James didn't eat much, but Cora and Will were both still putting it away when I got home on my lunch break. Will shared his food with me. Then he wanted some of mine. Then James wanted my attention. And he wanted Will to get down and play with him. He kept grabbing his hand and saying "Come on Will Will".

The boys cracked me up running around the house.
I don't know how well Will napped after lunch (Al came to pick him up and take him home), but my kiddos BOTH slept for a solid 2 hours. And so did Jay.
Definitely a successful day. And Jay said our kids were good for the rest of the afternoon too. At one point Cora wandered off into the computer room and James went looking for her. When he found her, he said "Here she is! I love you Cora Mae!" Jay said he about melted into a puddle over that one. They were hugging on each other all afternoon. I think Jay had enough fun today, and it was easy enough, that he'd like to do it again soon. Fine with me. Perhaps a spa day for Mama is in order?...
1 comment:
So cute! You have no idea how grateful I am that Jay kept Will for us so I could crash yesterday morning. I was not functioning well at all having been up 26+ hours. Will napped until 3:30 yesterday, so clearly chasing James and the cats around wore him out too! Thank you!
Post a Comment