Saturday, November 10, 2012

BAMBOO FOREST

This morning we ran 8.3 miles with a quick stop in the bamboo forest so Sophie could show me the secret path up into the park. It was super cool! Last weekend Christina and I did 7.75 miles (while Sophie rocked a 15K race!), and it was a milestone run for me, for sure. If I didn't feel like a runner before now, I can assure you that this month I really do. There's just something about passing that 10K mark, feeling good, and realizing that I CAN indeed do this. I feel like I can just keep going, which is awesome, since I most definitely will need to keep on going as our long run mileage climbs to 12. I've altered my training schedule so many times over the past month that I've lost count, but I think I've finally settled on three runs per week (one for intervals or an easy pace, one tempo, and one long) and two cross training sessions (spin class, and yoga followed by elliptical work), with two full rest days to balance it out. I'm hoping this plan will keep me injury free, as well as help me to not ever get burned out by running. This is something I plan to do for the rest of my life and I want to always enjoy it!

No comments: