Monday, March 11, 2013

DRAGON SLAYERS

Spring Break kicked off this week with me taking day one of sitter swap. Jacob and Bridger spent the day at our house, and the day was filled with slaying dragons...

It began with a viewing of "How to Train Your Dragon" (after dozens of books had been read and all the Batman toys had made an appearance).
Which led to dressing up as vikings, of course. Bridger is pretty excited that his mom will be earning a Warrior helmet next month.
And superheroes (this kit was one of James' birthday gifts from the Kennedys).
After lunch (and the weather warmed up), the vikings took to slaying dragons outside. This was an intense scene, with Bridger and James making circles around the playset and patio, slashing this way and that, jumping and stabbing. Jacob and I were quite entertained while we worked on his homework (and I drank more coffee).
Eventually they found a REAL flying animal. A butterfly. And thankfully the vikings knew to be gentle with the little beauty, and they took turns holding it and trying to get it to fly away (but it kept coming back, and especially liked Bridger - probably emerged too soon).
Once they lost interest in the butterfly, bike riding and neighborhood strolling commenced. While I was feeling sicker and sicker (turns out I have a sinus infection and ear infection), I still had fun riding that red scooter and watching these cuties go back and forth from the scooters to the wagon to the big wheels (which was equipped with the Captain America shield to make it look like a police car). Of course, if I could have fit in the wagon, I may have paid Jacob to give me a ride...

No comments: