After four events and complete exhaustion by bedtime yesterday (and a lot of post-race soreness this morning), we declared today a just-stay-home day. Among the cleaning and garage sale prep, we worked on our first family puzzle (large pieces on the outer edge, getting smaller as you move inward). If it hadn't been for Buster's first obedience class (he learned to sit when we tell him to - hooray!), dinner, and DVR'd World Cup, we'd have finished it tonight. These kids are great little puzzlers, and they fit almost as many pieces (even the small ones) as we did. James did the eagle face solo and Cora did the clouds solo while I made dinner. I'm really impressed that they can say things like "I need one with a wiggly thing here and wiggly thing there", scan the pile, and somehow grab the perfect piece over and over... I swear I try a few dozen for every one I finally get right! We're so proud of them!
Thanks again for the family puzzle Hollingsworths! We hope you're enjoying vacation and settling into your new California home nicely - don't forget to check in with us now and then :-)



No comments:
Post a Comment