Oh what a busy day we had! Just like every past "first weekend of December", we had multiple events to attend. First of all, today is our 11th anniversary! (One of these years we're going to skip out on every event in early December and escape for a weekend, just the two of us...) I woke up very early to run 12.5 miles with Michelle, came home to clean house and prep sweet potato dumplings, then Cora and I headed out for her dance recital dress rehearsal, which ended up taking 4 HOURS! Luckily, we had coordinated with Dawn (thank you Dawn!) so that the Hancocks could swing by the house and pick up James (while us girls were stuck at the city auditorium and Jay was stuck at the house smoking the Turducken) to attend Coltin's 6th birthday party at Gym South. Cora and I finally arrived there an hour late, but I'm just glad she had any time to party at all, since she would have been furious had she completely missed out - the kids had a great time and I expected them to crash from exhaustion on the way home (though they didn't) due to all the running and jumping and swinging!
 |
| It was a costume party, hence James and Coltin as Robin and Batman (and Emma as Wonder Woman). You can also see Will on the far left and Mason on the far right. They were lined up to play dodgeball with Coltin's dad Stirlin and another dad, who were chucking foam blocks at the kids from either side. It was hilarious to watch and the kids seriously loved it! Lots of giggling and swerving and yelling! (James looks nervous here, chewing his nails, because he was determined to not get struck with the "ball" this round!) |
 |
| Organized chaos is the best kind of chaos. |
 |
| Short break to catch their breath. |
 |
| Pretty sure James had just been pegged here... (That's Stirlin on the far right) |
 |
| Cora skipped dodgeball in favor of jumping and swinging. |
 |
| She's strong enough to run and jump up to the bar, swing her legs, and get them up over her head between her hands. She made Dawn and Michelle a little nervous, but I told them at least the gym has padded floors... when she does this at home on the bathroom sink or at playgrounds I'm far more concerned. I just wish I had her core strength! |
 |
| Lauren needed some assistance getting up. This picture reminds me how small Lauren still is - it's easy to forget that she's not even 2.5 yet, what with the way she talks and all the "big girl" things she can do, but she really is still a toddler. |
 |
| We had to help Emma up too, but she loved it once she was up there. I loved how the girls stuck together, it was just too cute! (Al was testing Cora's core strength here to see how long she could hold on with distraction...) |
No comments:
Post a Comment