Somebody was uncooperative at dance class today...
"I don't LIKE this sweater!"
"But I wanted to wear my PURPLE skirt!"
"I'm NOT COLD, I don't need these THINGS!" (in reference to the leg warmers)
"I don't WANT to dance today!" (wanting to watch James play his LeapPad instead)
"I'm hungry and I need a SNACK! I'm too hungry to dance!"
"I am NOT wearing a bun today, ONLY a ponytail!" (cue screaming during hair brushing)
Eventually (about 3 minutes after class started...) she sucked it up and quit complaining long enough to go in and enjoy herself. Since the recital is over, they got to goof off and play, being silly and learning some new dance moves to cute Christmas songs (and even some pop music - side note: Cora is currently obsessed with Katy Perry's "Roar"). She loved it. And she looked adorable. So when I asked her for a picture after class (boots on, because dance shoes are not allowed to be worn outside the studio), I figured her uplifted mood would allow for a quick smile. Instead she gave me duck lips and a booty shake. Oh well. That's our Cora Mae...
No comments:
Post a Comment