Thursday, December 4, 2014

SEEING SANTA

Santa visited ERDC tonight, and spoiler alert, Cora sat on his lap for the first time!
(If you want to see pictures of James sitting solo on Santa's lap, look here for 2013, 2012, and 2011.)
When you're all dressed up and looking cute, mama is definitely going to take a slew of photos before you have a chance to get dirty and mess up your hair... (The ponytail was her idea, not mine, and clips and bows were rejected, but we aim to please around here.) I was thrilled that they so happily posed for photos (if only it had been that easy on family portrait day...)
Just a couple more, ok?
You know you love those arms around each other as much as I do!
 Santa was located in a different building at work this year and James immediately said "Hey! This is not Santa's house! Why is he in a new place?!" Considering every time he comes on station for one reason or another he mentions the ACE-IT building as being Santa's house (and the front gate being the bouncy house party place, and the big hangar being the beach party place, etc.), I wasn't surprised, but I still didn't have a quick enough answer for him. I finally told him that the ITL building was brand new and we wanted to host Santa in our nicest place, which seemed to satisfy him well enough.
Checking out the huge Christmas tree in the foyer on our way in
Watching Christmas cartoons while mama and daddy stood in line for them
Telling Santa what she wants for Christmas (none other than a doll, of course - we're in year 3 now)
James told me that the Christmas wish he told Santa was a secret and nobody could know except him and Santa....... Hopefully we can get him to write it in a letter to mail to the North Pole... (P.S. Those candy canes were once again a huge hit and I'm pretty sure our kids had them demolished in under 5 minutes...)
 Since ERDC's Santa is the only one with short-ish waiting lines and free photography, most of our coworkers with young kids show up for the Castle Club's annual event. We had the bright idea to get all the kids together and attempt a group photo, and I'm sure you can imagine how well that worked with 9 kids ages 1-6...
Left to right: David, James, John, Coltin, Emma, Cora, Mary Claire, Will, Lauren
 
 (I borrowed a few of these group shots from Christina since she was far more patient than me and took many more shots than I did.)

No comments: