With newlyweds Sandy and Barrett living in DC for 6 months (Sandy is on a temporary assignment... at least we HOPE it's temporary!), Team Lindsay accepted the challenge of hosting her annual Turducken event in her absence. However, not having her here to coordinate the bird prep and brew competition (and provide her extremely large guest list), we decided to call this ninth year T-LITE.
For recaps of years past (Sandy's recaps left / Team Lindsay recaps right) click below:
For recaps of years past (Sandy's recaps left / Team Lindsay recaps right) click below:
(2013) T-VIII
(2012) T-VII
T-V (2010)
T-IV (2009)
T-III (2008)
T-I and T-II (2006 and 2007) T-II
We ended up having a huge turnout though (we invited friends and coworkers and running buddies and everyone in between), and an amazing array of delicious food! I would have been happy with the smoked Turducken and deep fried turkey, and my choice of desserts (OK, I'll be honest, I tried ALMOST all of them), but the variety of sides was pretty incredible too. So we stuffed ourselves silly. There were pudding cheesecake pies, "oysters" AKA cream puffs stuffed with fruit and caramel sauce and dipped in chocolate, deep fried cherry pie on a stick (think cake pop, but with PIE), brownies, cookies, s'mores bars, blackberry and peach pie, lemon buttermilk pie, and bourbon pound cake. And then we had to find room for the mashed potatoes, baked mac-n-cheese, cornbread dressing, sesame asparagus, green bean casserole, kale salad, sweet potato dumplings, and more!
I was so busy mingling and eating (and sampling the 5 homebrews) that I didn't take many photos, but this will show you the gist of it all. I think we counted about 30 adults and 20 kids?...
We ended up having a huge turnout though (we invited friends and coworkers and running buddies and everyone in between), and an amazing array of delicious food! I would have been happy with the smoked Turducken and deep fried turkey, and my choice of desserts (OK, I'll be honest, I tried ALMOST all of them), but the variety of sides was pretty incredible too. So we stuffed ourselves silly. There were pudding cheesecake pies, "oysters" AKA cream puffs stuffed with fruit and caramel sauce and dipped in chocolate, deep fried cherry pie on a stick (think cake pop, but with PIE), brownies, cookies, s'mores bars, blackberry and peach pie, lemon buttermilk pie, and bourbon pound cake. And then we had to find room for the mashed potatoes, baked mac-n-cheese, cornbread dressing, sesame asparagus, green bean casserole, kale salad, sweet potato dumplings, and more!
I was so busy mingling and eating (and sampling the 5 homebrews) that I didn't take many photos, but this will show you the gist of it all. I think we counted about 30 adults and 20 kids?...








No comments:
Post a Comment