The kids had an unexpected visit to work today due to the power going out at school (no heat and no lights in the concrete block classrooms means they can't teach) and multiple transformers blowing up around 9:00am... When their LeapPad batteries died and they got bored of watching Frozen for the bazillionth time, they took to writing notes. Cora's were basically ABC practice and writing "Moma" with little hearts. Too cute!
James brought me this first one, telling me that it said "I don't like you".
First, I was impressed that he would write a sentence without prompting (we haven't seen him do that or bring work home from school that wasn't just copying letters, blends, and words). Then I was a little disappointed that he would choose that for his first real sentence. I asked him why he wrote it and he told me that Cora was making him mad. I told him that it wasn't a very nice thing to write, and that he didn't spell the words correctly anyway (so I showed him how to spell them).
He came back over a minute later and handed me this one:
He asked me to put this one up on my bulletin board here at work, so I did. Then he said that he doesn't LIKE Cora, he LOVES her. Way to CYA buddy!


No comments:
Post a Comment