Cora had her last bottle last night. When we got home from work yesterday and I was repacking daycare bags and sippy cups, I noticed that we had just one bottle liner left. Since we were planning to bottle wean her soon anyway, I figured yesterday was as good a time as any. And I thought it would be fitting to have Jay give her her last bottle at bedtime, just as he was the one to give her her first bottle almost 13 months ago, when she was only 5-weeks-old. Baby Doll sure has grown and changed a lot in the past year, and I could tell it was bittersweet for Jay to feed her last night, especially since he probably only bottle fed her about 10 times throughout the year (because he supported me in my decision to pump less and nurse more this time around, so there have been very few opportunities for him to give a bedtime bottle, and even fewer opportunities where he was alone with her during the day during feeding time). 

There is something so sweet about seeing a daddy feed his baby the milk that mama made... I am thankful for these photos, and for the constant support and encouragement that Jay has provided. Last week was World Breastfeeding Week, and I couldn't have been more proud to be celebrating for my 3rd year in a row, something I never could have done without him.
3 comments:
This IS sweet! And yay for you for sticking with it. I can't speak for anyone else, but you have inspired me!
You realize you bottled weaned them almost exactly a year apart...if only you had done it 2 days earlier...j/k:)
Thanks Michelle!
And Karyn, I hadn't realized, honest! I guess I really have been good about not comparing them, because I never even thought to look over there at my lists of their latest milestones/accomplishments. That's too funny! I'm just glad Cora was SO much easier to wean. Of course, weaning from the breast will be a whole different story, I'm sure!...
Post a Comment