Friday, August 26, 2011

SICKIES

What better way to start a Friday than with a family trip to the doctor?

I woke with a fever, and decided that my cough/headache/sinus pressure/runny nose/body aches were now something that wasn't going to go away on it's own. And since the kids are still coughing (James never really stopped coughing after his bout of croup, though it slowed dramatically and seemed to just be a cold, then picked up intensity again the other day - Cora started sounding like James and her mama yesterday), they came along. Turns out the kids need antibiotics (even though neither have had fever) and antihistamine/cough suppressant. I need those things and more, since I've got some sort of flu virus that's going around. As soon as my meds are ready to pick up, I'm going home to sleep it off.

We're bummed, because we've had to postpone our final meeting of the Ethnic Supper Club. And we have yet to meet baby Leo (Manu's little brother), since we've all been coughing for so long. Hopefully next week will be a healthy one!

(Kid stats: James was 31.4 lbs and 37.25", Cora was 20.6 lbs - so she's gaining again and is up a pound in the past month!)

No comments: