When I was newly pregnant with Cora, finding out we were going to be having 2 babies so close together, the thing that we hoped for the most was that James and his little sibling would become good friends and playmates at an early age. Siblings are wonderful gift. And while there can be jealousy and anger at times, it's really surprising us how quickly our little ones are becoming pals these days. 

I actually snapped this photo 1.5 minutes after putting James in time-out for smacking Cora on the head. They had played SO WELL together all day long, but were getting a bit punchy as the dinner hour rolled around. James climbed up into the jumperoo (don't ask me how - he's a little monkey) and Cora thought it was awesome. Of course, as soon as she came over to investigate, he told her "No Sissy! My jump! Go away Cora!", then smacked her on the head. We don't give a 1, 2, 3 warning when hitting is involved. In our house, hitting (or biting, or kicking, or sassy backtalk for that matter) results in immediate time-out. James sat in place on the bottom step for all of 30 seconds before he stuck his head around the corner into the kitchen saying "Be nice to Sissy?", basically asking me if he could get up if he 'promised' to be nice. I told him no, of course. Time-out is time-out. He's 2-years-old, he gets 2 minutes. Cora had other plans though. She doesn't hold a grudge (with James anyway - with us she can stay furious for upwards of 20 minutes if she's so inclined). She walked right over and sat down next to him. So what's a mama to do? I told him to tell her sorry and give her a hug. Then they sat there smiling at each other and being adorable. So I had to grab the camera.
No comments:
Post a Comment