While getting my hair cut this morning, I learned that the annual Christmas Parade of Lights was tonight. So, since Jay is in crunch mode this weekend with a homework assignment, presentation, and final to complete, I decided to take the kids solo and give him some quiet time at the house. They were pretty excited for the parade, and James wouldn't put down his Christmas board book (the first book unwrapped from their pile of Advent books).

Once it actually started though, James was far from impressed. He didn't like the sirens of the police cars clearing the street. He was scared of the loud motorcycles. And even the marching bands were only fun until the tubas and bass drums came by. Poor buddy...

Cora, on the other hand, loved every second of the parade. ESPECIALLY the 3 tractors that came by pulling Disney characters. She kept pointing and saying "Tac-ter! Mama! Tac-ter!"

James escaped the stroller to the comfort of Janean's arms (one of our coworkers and fellow church members). I'm pretty sure that despite his 32.5 lbs, she didn't mind holding him one bit.

Here's Miss Smiles again (she was saying "Teeeeeze!"):

Even seeing Santa and Mrs. Claus on a firetruck at the end of the show couldn't pull a smile from James. There were actually a few firetrucks that followed Santa too. It was cool!

Cora waved at them the entire time they went past!

And that was it. The parade ended and we made our way to dinner and the grocery store before heading home to see Daddy before bedtime. I was so grateful to have bumped into our friends. I know I say it often, but it's just that I realize how lucky we are, as far from family as we are, to be in a small town where it's so easy to run into people you know. It makes events more fun, and SO much easier when you're out alone with the kiddos. Thank you Janean and Fred!
No comments:
Post a Comment