
James is old enough to understand Christmas this year, and he's already in full swing with Christmas songs and movies, nativity sets, Christmas trees and ornaments, lights, Rudolph and Santa, the whole works. So I figured he was thus old enough for us to start a tradition with an advent calendar, and I decided to do something a little different than the usual candy-a-day calendar. I found the idea on Pinterest, and quickly searched our house top to bottom, hunting down every single Christmas or winter-themed children's book we own. And we have many! I only had to buy 7 books to round out our 25 days of Christmas. Each book is now wrapped and sitting under our Christmas tree, waiting for the kids to pick one each night between now and Christmas to read as their bedtime story. And I hope this is tradition we can keep up for many years (slowly rotating in new books each year)!


The Lindsays are ready for Christmas! Happy December folks!
2 comments:
Love the idea! This is one to remember.
That's a GREAT idea. Thanks for sharing...
Post a Comment