Tuesday, December 6, 2011

PLAYPLACE

This morning James had his first field trip with his new school. They were scheduled to go to the Christmas tree farm, but got rained out. So they ended up at the new PlayPlace at the mall. I seriously considered skipping it, since I'd heard it was mostly bounce-houses, and James refused to play in the 2 bounce-houses they had set up at Corps Day a couple months ago. But we gave it a shot, and after about 15 minutes of "playing baseball", he gave in and checked out the itty-bitty toddler bounce-house. After that, his confidence was soaring, and he played in the big bounce-house, climbing up and going down the slide by himself. I was so impressed!
He had his buddies around to play with, but preferred to play with his mama. I didn't mind.
He was even sweet enough to catch me at the bottom of the slides!
I eventually convinced him to try the obstacle course (the same one they had at Corps Day), and he ran through so quick I couldn't keep up (I don't fit through those obstacles quite like the little kids do...). But at the end slide, he got scared and I had to go down with him on my lap. After that he was good to go again, and he even went down the SUPER big slide a few times. And played his first video game (a driving game). And some air hockey.
Then we broke for lunch, played a bit more, and headed back to daycare. Luckily, he fell asleep in the car. And even luckier, I was able to sleep-transfer him to his nap mat at daycare once we arrived. He definitely had a good day, and I sure loved getting to spend a few hours of one-on-one time with him. Now, if only my knees and hips weren't so sore from all the climbing and jumping...

No comments: