We headed out for the day to give Jay time to complete his final, and our first stop was a new-to-us park that I had seen once a long time ago when I was headed to the Nature Center in Clinton. It's a small park (so I knew I could handle both kids by myself). An old park. But a relatively well maintained park. As soon as I got James out of the car he asked me if he could go play on the train. When I said yes, he took off running and I had to rush to get Cora out to join him! After 20 minutes or so, James declared that this was to be called the "little choo-choo park".

They both really liked the wooden train. This tunnel/car thingy was a hit too:

When James tired of the tunnel/car and wanted to explore the rest of the playground, he took off. I couldn't convince Cora to leave the tunnel/car though. By the time I gave up reasoning with her and turned around to see how far James had run, this is where he stopped:

For the past week or so, he's been climbing far more than ladders at the playgrounds... Scared me to death! I left Cora and ran to him, but he just said "I OK Mama. I OK." Then he said "I stuck." when he realized he couldn't get down by himself. That darn caterpillar thingy was so tall I had to climb it in order to reach him and get him down. Luckily, Cora came wandering over once she saw Mama climbing. Jeesh!
The playground also has a bunch of little ride-on, wiggly toys. An airplane. A bug. An elephant. And alligator. And this double-seater firetruck, which the kids LOVED:

Of course, what would a trip to the park be without some swinging. James likes to boss me around these days as I'm pushing him, saying things like "I want to go too fast! I go too higher too Mama! C'mon Mama, PUSH me! It's my turn!"

No comments:
Post a Comment