Wednesday, March 28, 2012

FIELD TRIP: CHILDREN'S MUSEUM

This morning we set off on an adventure with the preschool classes!

The kids were less than impressed with the instructions before being set free...
(He said "The cow's peeing! Look, pee-pee!" No amount of milk explanation could change his mind.)

All 3 buddies at the water table:
"A, G, A, P, E! Agape means God's love for me!"
After the museum, the kids had a PB&J picnic, then hit the playground to burn off any remaining energy before the ride home.
It totally worked:
And holy geez, I just have to say, I am SO glad I didn't end up having to drive any of the other kids today. I would have been a nervous wreck! It's one thing to have other people's childrens' lives in your hands when you are in full control of the situation (well, as much as you can be, anyway), but I was shocked when I walked into daycare this morning to see ~10 booster seats sitting in the foyer. Only 3 were the type with backs, and NONE had 5-point harnesses. These are 2- and 3-year-olds, all of whom should be in car seats, but at least 5-point harness full-back booster seats. Rearfacing soapbox aside (for once), this is yet another reason why we will likely never send our kids on field trips without us. A few parents, a few teachers, everyone quickly installing car seats (I mean, booster seats) of many brands and styles, without instructions. No thanks.

2 comments:

Michelle Bourne said...

Looks like a blast! Did you guys have the museum to yourselves??

Can I just add to your car seat vent? At the dr today a lady carried her son into the office in his car seat. There was no fabric lining. What laid between him and the hard plastic was a pillow... yes, a pillow! Absolutely NO WAY he could the fasten in. This is also the lady that had a near two year old with her and told her to sit down and if she moved she was going to spank her. Really? A two year not moving?? And worthy of a spanking? My heart breaks for these children!

Al and Christina said...

Michelle: that's just what you see in public! I ask myself all the time what the people cussing at their kids in WalMart say to them at home if they feel that comfortable acting like that when other people can see them. Ugh. I used to say something to them until someone pointed out that I probably embarrassed them and they'll take it out on the kids later. Now I just bite my tongue and walk away.