Sunday, March 18, 2012

"SO MUCH LIKE DADDY!"

Guess what we did last night?

We tried to trim James' hair.

Since it was hanging past his eyebrows and was getting pretty long in the back and we'd noticed him sweating profusely in 85 degree weather and he hadn't had it cut in 3 months.

When he got scared of the scissors and wouldn't sit still and we realized that we couldn't cut straight lines and ended up cutting the front too short anyway, we tossed the scissors aside and pulled out the clippers instead:
I openly cried when I saw those long locks hit the floor.

Then Jay told me to stop because I was making James sad and nervous. Oh my gosh though, I had no idea how much a little thing like a (big) haircut would effect me! For the first time ever, Cora has longer hair than her big brother!

Showing James his new haircut in the mirror:
James, of course, LOVES it. He told me "I look so much like Daddy!"
Proud much? Oh yes he is.

Hope we recognize him when we pick him up at daycare tomorrow afternoon...

1 comment:

Michelle Bourne said...

Oh, that is sad to see. However, I do like the buzzed cut on him. :)