Tuesday, March 6, 2012

INVERSARY

Before Jay and I started (officially) dating, way back in February of 2001, I knew he was the guy for me. Why? Because he's a romantic at heart. He's sweet and sensitive. And he doesn't try to hide that side of himself (at least, not often). The real clincher for me was Valentine's Day that year. Living in the SCAFL compound with 34 other people, just over half of whom were female (and most of whom were not dating anyone, long distance or otherwise), Jay came home that afternoon with a vase full of roses. One for each girl (including staff members) in our group, because, as he said, "Every woman deserves a flower on Valentine's Day." Awwwww...

When he got dressed this morning in his St. Patty's Day shirt and I inquired whether he was gearing up for the holiday early, he said "No, I'm just lucky to have you for a wife. And today is our INversary." Sweet, eh?

(Your inversary, or reversary, whatever you want to call it, is the opposite/reverse date of the date you were married. A one-time-only celebration, just like your wedding day. So today, on 03-06-12, we celebrated our wedding date of 12-06-03 with a lunch date and sappy lovey-dovey comments. Because my husband is adorable and creative, AND he has a good memory for dates!)

3 comments:

kj said...

I have a question...if you were married in 2000 how can you have an inversary?

Michelle Bourne said...

That is sweet... all of it. Too bad we missed out inversary. It would have been two years after we got married. Oh well...

Sarah said...

how fun.

unfortuantely since i'm in the slow to grow club, i would have to wait for the year 2104, so i won't be celebrating that one!