Friday, March 30, 2012

FIELD TRIP: ZOO

It's been a BUSY week for the kids. Two days of swim lessons and TWO field trips. We're all a little tired, but the kids have had a great week. Personally, I'm looking forward to a lazy pizza and movie night tonight though, and I didn't even go to the zoo today (Jay and I switched off, since neither of us have much annual leave saved up, and our new daycare with it's many field trips and teacher work days and holidays has really cut into our vacation stores)!

Anyway, being the awesome daddy and husband that he is, Jay sent me updates throughout the day, so I didn't feel like I completely missed out. The group stuck together, checking out all the animals, riding the carousel and train, and eating hotdogs for lunch. Jay said the kids were really good (we had them pinky swear this morning - yes, I'm serious).

Checking out the pygmy hippo:
Have you ever seen a pelican? (sorry, inside joke) It rained, but that didn't stop the kids from having fun. Plus, it gave Cora a chance to wear her gorgeous new rain jacket (from her Grambot and Pawpaw).
And this weekend? Our plans are minimal. Perhaps we'll find time to do the taxes, finish painting/decorating our bedroom, and clean up the yard. Fingers crossed! Until then, I'm headed out to meet my crazy family at the bounce house Playland, where they are somehow scrounging together enough energy to play until dinner time!

No comments: