Thursday, November 8, 2012

ADVENTUROUS AFTERNOON

I saw on Facebook this morning that Vicksburg is offering free carriage rides downtown through the end of next week, so we decided to skip the park and go for a ride instead. The kids all seemed to like it, especially James (who couldn't sit still no matter how many times we asked him to) and Manu. We rode in the larger carriage, drawn by two horses.

We have entered the phase where baby dolls go EVERYWHERE with us
Somebody had her hands full today!
After the carriage ride and petting the horses (by every kid except Cora, who politely told them "bye bye horses" instead), we went over to the free admission Lower Mississippi River Museum, mostly so the kids could drive the boat
James said he was the pilot and Manu was captain. Cora didn't get a title...
Hopefully this summer their permit will come through so that they can fill the splash pad river model (it's huge, much larger than I could capture in photos), but the kids liked it even when dry (running down the river was fun, I tried it too)
That's Vicksburg's pair of Mississippi River Bridges that James is checking out

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cora looks so much like Jay in the carriage picture. He makes that face a lot at work.

Ashley said...

Wha?!! I really need to take the kids over to the museum- I didn't even realize with river model/splash pad thing was there. I just thought it was for older kids.