Saturday, July 27, 2013

BABY LAUREN IS ONE!

We went over to the Kennedy's this morning to celebrate Lauren's 1st birthday! The kids had so much fun splashing and swimming in the rain, and we were happy to be able to just relax and hang out with our friends. Thanks for inviting us over and treating us to all that great food (and a homebrew shout-out to Sandy)!

I promise she is not flipping me off here. She was, however, upset that I wouldn't let her have a cupcake upon our arrival at 10:00am... I loved that "1" collage of Lauren's monthly photos!
The birthday girl, standing tall and showing off her ruffle bottom
That would be our Fisher Ferry water... Total dissolved solids and other issues. That's our drinking water. Yay. And you wonder why we distill it... But on the bright side, I can guarantee no kids had peed in the water at this point.
Hello there captain!
Wild Cora taking a lesson from Will on jumping from the ladder into the pool. No children were harmed.
The birthday girl wanted in that big pool SO badly!
But she had to settle for the water table and little splash pool. Sometimes it's rough being the youngest. (Pictured here with the other "babies"... Isaac is just over 1-year, Leo is about to hit 2, and Grady just turned 2.)
She was bound and determined to seat herself in that ring. I felt like I was taking a huge risk walking in front of her to snap this photo rather than stand guard behind her head. I hope you forgive me Christina. I promise she never fell over on my watch though!
Argh, lunch time! Manu and Will took a break at the kiddie table.
Driving around while the big kids ate lunch.
Caught in the act! Cupcake thief!
I thought Christina did an awesome job taking Lauren's birthday portraits!
Cupcakes for the cutie pie! Just calmly waiting for that candle-topped sugar cake to be delivered...
Cupcake number 2! She knows the trick, just ask a different adult...
Trying to give Lauren a "Cheers!" with her cupcake.
Here Leo was lobbying with Jay for more cupcakes (he'd had 3). Just ask a different adult, right?...
Present time! The birthday girl got some cool stuff, and we were glad that the shoes we got her fit. Whew!
These three... Best buds one minute, traffic jam and road rage the next...
Somebody was getting very sleepy by the time we changed her out of her swimsuit.
Heading to the car carrying both kids (with Al acting as spotter, just in case). When both wanted daddy, he couldn't refuse, since he knows he only has another week or so of being able to pick them up before he has surgery on his foot/ankle (and then won't be able to bear weight on it for 8-12 weeks).

No comments: