Daddy was painting the house (we recently had a major roof repair that also required Jay to replace some siding and trim) and the kids wanted to help. Since that was not an option, I set them up in the driveway with the (safely) waterproof paints. Good thing too, since Cora saw fit to paint a spot on daddy's car (don't worry Jay, it was a tiny spot and it came right off) and his giant brew pot (which also rinsed right off). And the rocks that were used to hold the papers down.
I love how their painting technique is so similar (crouched down, one color at a time, moving in circles around their papers), yet their products are always so different. I know in part that is due to Cora having a much larger desire and attention span for painting (and drawing and coloring), she came and went four times before she told me her painting was "done", but I think it also has to do with Cora's preference to fill every corner with her art, whereas James always seems to prefer some open spaces. I like them both, but can't help but wonder what James' would have looked like had he not gotten completely distracted by the zipline for 2 hours...
If I can get Blogger's video upload to work, I have some fun ones of the kids on the zipline this afternoon!
No comments:
Post a Comment