Sunday, July 28, 2013

SUNDAY RUNDAY

Since we got rained out yesterday (well, technically thunderstormed out), we rescheduled our long run for today. I had 11 on the schedule (ramping up for a trail half next month) and was actually super excited about it! I set my alarm, got all my stuff together, and went to bed early. Then I get a text from Christina at 6:12am asking if I'm coming... Apparently it helps to set your "Long Run Alarm" for the correct day (I usually have it set for Saturdays, and didn't think to change it to Sunday). So I threw my gear on and ran out the door, getting there 40 minutes late. Luckily, I caught up with Christina and Sophie at mile 3 and was able to get almost 10 miles in with them, then Sophie graciously coached me to do another short out-and-back to hit my goal of 11. I felt great out there and was so glad I went, despite the late start. And it cracked me up that Sophie and I were wearing matching pink and green and black shoes and socks today, so I had to take a picture (we often show up wearing the same pair of shorts or same colored shirt and/or skirt).

No comments: