Sunday, July 14, 2013

WEEKEND WRAPUP

Painting bird houses and picture frames with Azure at her 4th birthday party (a Painting Party, held in "Azure's Art Studio") on Saturday morning:

After a short play date in the backyard with Manu and Leo, the kids excitedly watched the roofers fix one of two VERY BAD spots on Saturday evening (our previous owners really sucked in the DIY department and have seriously damaged our roof/ceilings with their ineptness):

 Swimming at Poverty Point on Sunday morning with Sophie, Manu, and Leo (wish I had taken a picture of the four monkeys running around nekkid under the outdoor shower in the rain when the thunderstorm rolled in, but it seemed inappropriate to document considering their ages these days - it was absolute hilarious though, and Leo was the happiest little guy):

 Playing with water balloons at Aunt Sandy's house as we awaited a proper dinner hour (we started the party at 4pm) for our first ever Salad Supper Club (GENIUS summer idea!). We had avocado dip (or "avocado salad" as I called it tonight) with tortilla chips, chicken salad with crackers, Asian Ramen noodle salad, pasta salad, chicken salad Hawaiian rolls, a green salad, and for desert a delicious fruit salad with a frosting-type dressing and CAKE CROUTONS! Awesome! Shown here with David and John. Grady was in attendance as well, but I had a hard time getting all 5 kids in a single photo, imagine that...
Cora reading to "John Baby" after dinner (he matches her in weight and his belly is the type that screams for raspberries, though I resisted so that I wouldn't upset him):

We also had dinner at Sandy's on Friday night, another genius idea - a beer pairing dinner! We had garlic knot rolls with spicy tomato garlic sauce, sushi, crawfish bisque, a spicy version of sweet and sour pork, and chocolate Guinness cake with Bailey's buttercream frosting. All paired with appropriate brews (some homebrew, some specialty purchases). We even hired a babysitter for the evening so we didn't have to police the kiddos and could actually enjoy our food while it was hot and talk shop without interruptions. It was awesome! (Sorry I forgot to take photos while we were there...)

No comments: