The Mississippi Children's Museum has a Bob the Builder exhibit visiting, so we used our membership (one more visit this year and we'll get our money's worth!) to take the kids over to explore it after the race. It as surprisingly uncrowded, so Jay and I just split up (after the kids were done with the Bob the Builder room, which took them about 45 minutes) and let them do whatever they wanted for another hour. Can I just say that going there was that much nicer knowing that we didn't have to stay for hours and hours to feel like we got our money's worth?
We were all set to leave at lunch time, but the kids discovered that the splash pad was running when we went outside, so we stayed another 30 minutes so they could get wet and build forts. If I'd had my swimsuit, I would have joined them for sure. Whoever decided to put giant blocks out on the splash pad was a genius - our kids could have played out there for hours if we'd let them!
Ironically, we had their swimsuits in the car, but didn't bother putting them on the kids, since they made a beeline from the door to the splash pad and we just didn't care. Instead, we put them on as dry "clothes" for them to wear home in the car... Whatever works, right?



















1 comment:
Mason LOVES "Bob-ada-Builder". Think he'd enjoy the exhibit, or still a little too young?
Post a Comment