Friday, July 5, 2013

THE MINIONS, REVISITED

We took Cora to see her first theater movie today: Despicable Me 2

We talked it up, had James explain to her about staying in her seat and being quiet, and hoped for the best!
 For the first 3/4 of the movie, she sat still and ate popcorn and gummies (and drank Sprite, since it came with the kid combo treat box). She laughed along with the movie, pointed at the screen, and kept her 3D glasses on. After that she got antsy, needed a potty break, and fell asleep in my arms as I rocked her at the back of the theater (we went to the 12:50pm showing, so it was smack in the middle of her normally scheduled naptime), but as soon as I sat back down she woke up and watched the rest of the show quietly from my lap. I'd call it a success, and far better than we expected from her (since she rarely sits still for even 10 minutes of screen time at home). James, of course, loved it and was glued to the screen the entire time. He wasn't as good about leaving his glasses on, but whatever, he was happy. It's nice to know we can all go out to movies now (though I doubt we'll go often anyway - this was only James' second time in the theater, the first being his 3rd birthday viewing of The Lorax). Oh, and the movie was great! Though we'll definitely skip the 3D version next time (it's just not our thing).

No comments: