Sunday, May 10, 2015

MOTHER'S DAY 2015

 
I had a lovely Mother's Day this year, getting to do everything that I wanted (and didn't want) to do. But even if nothing had gone as planned and the day had been filled with grumpiness and/or chores, it still would have been a good day. Because I am lucky enough to hold these two kiddos in my arms (even though they're getting heavy), chase them around the house and yard and everywhere else we go, take them for walks in the neighborhood, receive countless hugs and kisses and I Love You's from them randomly throughout the day, play pretend games like monster and our family's spontaneous version of hide-and-seek, clean up their messes and argue with them over eating their meals, encourage them to be creative and Yes I'd Love Another Picture For My Office, take care of all the things two young kids need done for them on a daily basis, snuggle on the couch with them while watching a good movie (or their favorite show, for the umpteenth time), read books to (and with!) them, and at the end of the day, tuck them into bed tight and brush their hair out of their eyes while reminding them that I KNOW I'm lucky to have them and that I prayed for them and continue to pray for them daily and that they make mama so very happy and that I love them very much.
 
Today wasn't an easy day for every mommy I know, but from near and far, I received many sweet, loving, and genuine messages celebrating OUR day. I am lucky to have James and Cora (and so lucky to have Jay by my side each day as I journey through this adventure called motherhood), but I am also extremely lucky to have so many friends and family members that are strong influences and great examples for me, and who are completely in love with their child(ren) and show it at every available opportunity. I missed my mom and grandma and Jean and my sister-in-law, and I missed my incredible friends, but I felt their love and I hope they felt mine!

No comments: