Usually, I write blog posts after the kids are in bed, but sometimes I do them (or at least start them - uploading photos and editing the ones I decide to post) while they play video games or watch a show (if they've earned screen time and I don't want to watch their favorite Teen Titans episode with them YET AGAIN, and I don't have other pressing chores to do). Most of my blog posts are pretty quick to write (it often takes me longer to upload and edit the photos than it does to write a quick synopsis of our day or whatever event I'm documenting). The longer ones (race recaps, big events, weekend excursions, etc.) take me a few days though (a day to do the photos, a day to start the writing, and a day or more to finish it) - it just depends (and depends how many mistakes I catch in editing before I post it...) For some big events, I even start the blog post before we go (especially if I know I want to link to things within the post or have "stock" photos to include, like course maps).
This afternoon I decided to catch up on a few quick posts while the kids played Lego Batman with Jay, but not 5 minutes later, Cora was throwing a fit about how hard it was, so I brought her upstairs with me and she worked on coloring/puzzles for 20 minutes while I finished up. Rarely do I spend more than 5-10 minutes per post (so, similar to the time it takes to write a quality email - well, MY loquacious type of email, anyway), and it just makes me happy to have an album/journal of the daily ins and outs of our little family. Now to just get more than 2007-2009 printed out into books before the internet crashes and I lose all that hard work...
No comments:
Post a Comment