Saturday, April 2, 2016

FROZEN HEART BALLET

Christina found us second row seats for the Frozen Heart ballet production this weekend, so we dressed up our little ballerina princesses and headed to Jackson for an afternoon and evening of girly fun (the show, followed by shopping and dinner out at the girls' favorite place - "the little door pizza place!") The ballet was beautiful (the costumes, the sets, the choreography) and the dancers were so talented! It was the first real ballet (not a recital) I've seen since I was a kid and mom took me to see The Nutcracker (which I now badly want to take Cora to next year, since she really enjoyed Frozen Heart). I didn't take many photos during the show (they never turn out anyway and I didn't want to annoy all the people sitting behind me), so here are a couple of their published production photos, so you can see some of the costumes:
Slipping into their dresses and getting their hair braided in the parking lot before going inside:
(Cora refused to hold my hand in favor of being "Miss Cwixtina's" sidekick all afternoon)
Elsa and Anna, ready to get the show started!
The trolls kinda stole the show (and were Cora's second favorite, behind Elsa, of course)
Outside during intermission for snacks and running around:
A few more bites and sips before ducking back inside (to already dimmed lights)
(I caught them holding hands through much of the second half of the ballet)
The reindeer were pretty funny too (they kept running away from Princess Gerda and Kai, and watching grown women prancing around in tan spandex body suits with crazy masks made me giggle...)
Dinner time coloring while their mamas talked and talked and talked...
Such a fun day! Pretty sure we need to add Girls Nights to our monthly routine along with the Date Nights! (And I know the boys enjoyed their unlimited video games and movies and "man stuff" at home!)

No comments: