Our go-to babysitter called us up a couple weeks ago and asked if we were ready for another date night. Yes. Yes we are. So we purchased tickets to Zoo Brew for the first time (Jay's been wanting to go for years, but it just hasn't worked out - last year was cancelled due to tornadic storms and prior years he was just too busy) and went all the way to Jackson without our kids for the first time (I know, I'm paranoid, but I hate being far from them!) They handed us plastic sampling steins at the gate and we enjoyed wandering through the exhibits (especially the red pandas, in their newly completed outdoor space!) while tasting craft brews from about a dozen vendors (there were over 60 varieties in total, including the homebrewers in attendance, but clearly we didn't try them all - in fact, I had ordered a Designated Driver ticket, but since they gave me the regular band at the gate, I had a little fun for the first hour). There were half a dozen or more food vendors on site too, all included in the ticket price. Next year we'll need to get there on time (we were an hour late this year due to the hospital field trip), if we go again (and hopefully we will), because Pig-N-Pint was already out of tacos (so sad - their BBQ is the best!) EVERY SINGLE VENDOR had chicken wings (which are so not my thing, though Jay ate plenty), but a few had additional items (I enjoyed some red beans and rice, shrimp, and Guinness chocolate mousse). Hops and Havanas was on site selling cigars, so for the first time in 15(?) years Jay enjoyed one of those.
| (It became tricky to hold the lit cigar, food item, and beer stein without spilling...) |
So far, we're doing pretty good about our once monthly date nights in 2016. It really is nice to get out solo in the evening now and then... we might even start aiming for twice per month!


No comments:
Post a Comment