Wednesday, April 13, 2016

STRAIGHT OUTTA FIELD DAY

Today was the K-3rd Graders Field Day at SouthPark. Due to the threat of rain (it never rained hard until after school hours...), most activities were moved indoors to the cafeteria (and those that couldn't be moved were rescheduled for next week). Parents were invited, and the kids knew it, so when they both asked if I was coming over to cheer them on, I certainly had to take a couple hours of annual leave and do so. (Someday they won't want me to be there for every little thing, so I'm not going to miss out when I can help it!)

Cora was up first, and she competed in two of the relay races:

After the kindergarteners finished, I took Cora back to her class for snack time while we waited on the First Graders to start (I checked Cora out of school early so she could come back with me and watch James compete). James was only in one of the relays today (he and Cora are both scheduled to do more of the running relays outdoors, so hopefully we'll be here on the rescheduled Field Day - since we're going to Florida this weekend and taking them out of school Friday).

 After the First Graders finished up, we went to collect backpacks and check out some of their artwork around the halls, then met daddy for lunch, and spent the rest of the afternoon in my office (I figured since they'd just be watching movies at school the remainder of the day, they might as well do that in my office so I didn't have to run back to the south end of town before dance class).
James is one of very few kids in his class who have reached their AR goal for the each of the first 3 Quarters (so obviously we are very proud) and Cora's fish (above her in the top row) stood out from her class because rather than answering "swim", she wrote that her "fish can love people". I just thought that was very sweet (and her TA had told me specifically to stop by that hallway and check out Cora's fish).
 They enjoyed their day and loved getting to run around the cafeteria and come to mama's work (no idea why they like it so much, but they beg to come to the office all the time), and I certainly loved getting some extra time with my babies!

No comments: