Saturday, April 9, 2016

ON POINTE

I stayed throughout Cora's production number rehearsal today, and when they opened the curtains halfway through and there were no other moms around that I would block with my camera, I couldn't resist taking some pictures. Cora was on her mark the whole time I was able to watch her, and when she spotted me near the end, right before they did a full run-through of the number (which I'll include a link to, since I filmed it - but it's too long to post here), she smiled and waved and gestured for me to watch her closely. She did so well! I heard Ms. Bridgett call her out multiple times for being on time and remembering the moves. She came out beaming once again, hugged me and her teachers, and couldn't wait to sit down and watch the video I'd taken. She's going to be so excited to do RiverPointe's contemporary dance class when she's older... (and hip hop too - she is so jealous of their recital costumes...)
She will be stage left, on the far end, on recital day. She leads the group out at one point, then wraps them up at another.
She watches herself in the mirror so closely, careful to get her positioning just right.
 I found the song on YouTube (Glory, by Phil Wickham), so she's just started practicing at home too, and it's the cutest thing. The show will be titled "Let There Be Light" and it will tell the story of God's creation of the earth, going day by day, and ending on the day of rest. Cora will be a blue fish (top right corner of the poster board below), and while I can't place her ballet music through the closed doors of the studio, her tap number is loud and peppy enough to recognize: it's the oldie "Won't you let me take you on a sea cruise" by Herman's Hermits.
And without further ado, here's the 2:00 show's production number group (not all of them - most of the "big girls" weren't there yet) performing the finale!

No comments: