Upon returning home from the grocery store this afternoon, Jay headed upstairs to continue our bedroom painting project (we're getting close!), and I needed a way to put the groceries up without having the kids underfoot. So for the first time ever, I sent them outside alone. Well, together. But without an adult. I opened the kitchen windows, handed over their giant bag of chalk, and told them in no uncertain terms that they had to stay in the driveway and carport. And it totally worked!
I went outside after 7 minutes or so and took some photos of their handiwork...
A lovely train track (he was being the tunnel):

A bit on the carport wall:

And some on the basketball hoop:

I really wish we had a fenced yard, but at least now I know I can trust them for a few minutes here and there if need be. Good job kiddos!
No comments:
Post a Comment