Friday, February 10, 2012

OWL-FULLY CUTE

I've taken one art class in my entire life. It was in high school. And the teacher told me "Good thing you plan to be a scientist!".....

So when Christina invited me to crash a private party painting class tonight, I was hesitant. I honestly don't have many creative bones in my body, and the few I do have are generally busy coming up with ways to entertain my munchkins. But I was assured that the class would have an instructor to lead me through the painting, step by step. And I figured that even if my canvas turned out badly, at least I was getting a Mom's Night Out (many thanks to Jay for taking the kids home from dinner at The Hat and getting them to sleep)!
Turns out the instructor was an acquaintance of mine (I really shouldn't have been surprised though, as this is a very small town we live in - a fact that still throws me for a loop now and then), the group of moms was really sweet and chatty (of course, we discussed key topics such as potty training and sleep deprivation), and I managed to make a pair of cute little owls that I'll likely hang in Cora's room (if she likes them).
(My green owl ended up with a tuft of hair, similar to Cora's style, due to a mistake I made while "swooshing" the owl's head. But apparently there are no mistakes in painting - lucky for me!)
Thanks again for the invitation Christina!