Saturday, February 4, 2012

MAPPING OUT THE WEEKEND

Jay had the kids to himself pretty much all day today. By the time they woke up at 8am, I was running out the door to the gym (since it was pouring rain, and thus I couldn't do my first practice run at the park). Then I ran an errand, cooked mini frittatas for a potluck, and got ready to spend a few hours, kid-free, at a birthday party. It was NICE! After the party, I got home just in time to head over to our first neighborhood watch meeting, for which the kids only tolerated about 30 minutes of. The meeting lasted past 5pm, so Jay again had to entertain the kids solo. Among other things they did today, the kids obsessed over their floor puzzle map.

This is how I found them when I got home from the gym:
Apparently after getting the map started, James decided to detour and turn the puzzle pieces into a "train track" instead. He's creative, for sure: And I admit I was very proud of Cora for putting her little corner of the world together, all by herself. She made those pieces fit:
(This activity continued to be a hit throughout the rest of the weekend too!)

No comments: