Wednesday, February 29, 2012

B-BALLERS

As I was herding the munchkins toward the racquetball court this afternoon, they escaped! And somehow managed to pull open the heavy doors to the gym. Where there happened to be one lonely highschooler playing, and 5 extra basketballs laying around... James was convinced he was going to play with the older boy ("I wanna play with that boy! I wanna play with him! I need to play basketball with him!"), but after giving the poor kid a look to let him know I would keep my babies as far from his practice zone as I could, I managed to keep them on the other end of the court for 15 minutes or so until the daycare room opened up. They were completely adorable running around in that huge gym! And James learned to throw the ball underhanded from between his legs, and Cora learned to "catch" a bouncing ball. Such b-ballers. They don't get that from their mama...
(And in workout news, I've been "tapering" this week. After the 5.5 mile run on Saturday, I took Sunday off, ran about 1.5 miles on Monday while I was still SUPER sore, took Tuesday off - more due to my nasty congestion and exhaustion than any other reason though, and came back with 3 miles at a 10:30/mile pace on the treadmill today. And it felt GOOD! I felt strong and fast and happy. Hooray running endorphins! The plan is to take off tomorrow and Friday in prep for Saturday's 6.2 mile race, which I am now really looking forward to!)

No comments: