This month Barley's Angels visited the Midwest. We avoided the powerhouse breweries and sampled some microbrews instead (Angry Cedar Brewing Co. and Bell's Brewery). Amber (and Iowa native) led the discussion and provided some typical midwestern pub fare, such as meats (corned beef and similar), farmer's cheese, rye bread, and mustard. Bet my dad would have liked this pairing!
(We added an Imperial ESB from Tallgrass Brewing Co. to the lineup from Lisa's bar fridge...)
![]() |
| I was highly amused by the side label on the Angry Cedar bottle... |
Sorry I don't post these monthly meetings here regularly, for those of you who are interested in the goings on of the Angels, it's just that I get so distracted by the opportunity to be out of the house for an evening without the kids to enjoy food and drink while talking with a bunch of fun ladies that I forget the camera... in fact, I snapped these photos with my phone just so I could show Jay what we were up to. Next month the pairing is CALIFORNIA and I'll be hosting! Time to read my chapter and decide which of the many appetizers/entrees I'm going to make... and hopefully I can find room in my suitcase smuggle a few choice microbrews home after our west coast vacation!



No comments:
Post a Comment