Cora received a butterfly kit from Hazel and Adler for her birthday, and mama finally got around to ordering the caterpillars. While I was on the Insect Lore website, I decided to get a praying mantis egg case (since we have another butterfly habitat from when Robyn and Stephen sent the kids a kit last year). This morning we discovered that all the caterpillars had made their chrysalises, so we moved them from their cup to hanging along the wall of the habitat, and likewise set up the egg case as instructed. And now we wait...
After that, we headed out to the Home Depot kid craft where the kids made bug houses (and they've already put them to good use...) These kid crafts are such a cool event - I wish we'd started going to them sooner. The kids love it every month, and it's pretty fun to come home later in the day and see many of the kids I know, near and far, proudly showing off their same kid craft creations on Facebook!
![]() |
| James follows kid craft instructions like he does Lego instructions - to the T! (Even down to the paint color) |









No comments:
Post a Comment