Yesterday Jay received an award during our Town Hall meeting for "outstanding leadership of Environmental Laboratory efforts in hazardous waste and chemical packaging for the Legacy Materials and Property Removal Team during the Period October 2012 through September 2013"
He received the Achievement Medal for Civilian Service for providing critical guidance and perspective that ensured cooperation across all Environmental Laboratory Branches. He had taken it upon himself to start the clean up process for materials that had been on site for several decades (AKA Legacy Materials) that no longer had a proper home, were no longer needed, and thus required proper disposal. He tracked down the owners of the Legacy Materials (both within and outside of our organization) and organized the materials for removal from the premises, basically organizing the entire operation from start to finish.
I know he thinks it wasn't that big a deal, that somebody had to do it and that a lot of people were involved, but his efforts really did make a big impact. He is a take charge kinda guy, those guys are very valuable assets to their teams... And the higher ups ALWAYS take note of instigators (for better or for worse), and he continues to make a good name for himself around here. I am proud of him, I think his medal looks awesome, and I think he deserves a little celebration for all the time and effort he put into ensuring this task was taken care of properly! Great job sweetie!!

No comments:
Post a Comment