Friday, July 25, 2014

SWELTERING SAFARI AND SPLASHING

This year it was daddy's turn to take the kids on the hot, stinky wagon ride through the nearby safari park for their annual field trip. He started the day by putting Cora's hair in a pony tail (not for the first time, but it's rare that he does her hair, so he had to text me a photo - I approved!)
 First stop on the tour was the petting zoo area, with llamas and goats and even a baby cow.
 Poor little calf was rescued from a coyote attack. I heard all about it from the kids later in the day.
 Then came the wagon ride, where they saw the giraffe, donkeys, zebras, bison (who stole food cups), ostrich, antelope, deer, and other random safari fauna.
 They got home and napped, and when I got off work I switched out with Jay so he could go into the office, and I took the kids downtown to Catfish Row. They played on the playground until their new "best friend" (James makes a best friend EVERYWHERE he goes - I wish I had his social skills!) had to leave, then they put on their swimsuits and splashed until it was time for us to head up the hill to meet Jay, the Kennedys, and ALEX (in town for work for the week) for dinner at Rusty's. Busy day, tired kids, good food, lots of fun!
Yes, they wore matching shirts today!
 James is quite proud of his strength these days. Here he was showing off for his new friend.
 Sorry, I didn't take any pictures of the splashing. They mostly chased butterflies around the splash pad, but were also busy making more friends, and I always feel weird taking photos of other people's kids in swimsuits, so I just keep the camera tucked away.

No comments: