Jay got up at 4:25am to run in the amazing 60 degree weather (yes, I was jealous, but Wednesdays and Thursdays are his mornings), left the house at 4:40am, and Cora clashed and banged (hall door and stair gate) her way upstairs at 5:15am. Awake? Or just wanting snuggles? It took her nearly until my alarm went off to decide that she really was still tired. Shortly after that point Jude came bounding up the stairs like a herd of cattle (how can one fat cat make so much noise?) after having a screaming fit (at what I later learned to be Maxine, who had snuck into the house when Jay left, upsetting both Jude AND Buster - there was growling involved, but I cared not), meowed loudly and awoke Cora, who thankfully just grabbed her around the neck and wrestled her into submission, then promptly fell back asleep until James came upstairs and woke her up at 7:15am. Somehow we managed to get out the door late (surprised?) and in my hurry I apparently pushed the wrong button on the alarm key fob. My phone was on silent (as it always is overnight and most of the day while I'm at work), so I missed the call from the security company. As I pulled over on the side of the road halfway to I-20 to hand James a wet wipe (dude had a serious chocolate mess all over his face and hands due to his tendancy to inhale his breakfast bar and not caring how much actually gets into his mouth), I noticed my phone lighting up with a call from Christina. Unexpected at 8:00am... Turns out the alarm company called her because they couldn't get a hold of me (sometimes it can be quite the inconvenience to be friends with Team Lindsay, I apologize!), because I had set off the inaudible panic alarm (inaudible, thus I didn't realize I had done it) and they had dispatched police to our residence. Oh crap. So I turned around and high-tailed it home. Checked the house, reset the alarm (and pet a smiling and unconcerned Buster, who sadly thought I had returned just for him - oh the disappointment!), and called the alarm company, who was luckily able to cancel the dispatch (or is that unluckily, since it had now been exactly 15 minutes since my phone had received the voice message about the dispatch - good thing there wasn't a real emergency?...) Take two: get the kids to school. Arrive at work 45 minutes later than usual. Womp womp.
And that's the long story of my morning that you really didn't care to hear about, but, well, this is my journal, so...

No comments:
Post a Comment