Sophie spotted this advertisement on the Mississippi Blues Facebook page:
This photo was obviously taken of us relatively early in the race due to the height of Sophie's jump and the size of the smiles on our faces! My best guess is the pretty neighborhood about 7 miles into the course...
Anyway, it got me thinking about my upcoming fall and winter marathons. Yes, plural. I am not doing The Blues again (though Christina is!), but I am registered for the Soldier Marathon in early November. My official 18-week training plan started on Monday. I am SO EXCITED about marathon #2 and I have big plans for a big PR (if I can just get through the summer heat and humidity, and get rid of the muscle issues I've been having in my legs once and for all). I had such an amazing race there last year running the half and I know I'll love it even more this year (twice the distance = twice the fun, right?) Plus, Jay's cousin is running the half. And maybe Jay will as well (depends how Mt. Ashland treats his ankle and knees). So many good reasons to go back to Georgia!
As for the other marathons, there are a few possibilities I'm considering, and I'm not committed to any of them yet... I'm leaning toward Cajun Coyote (a 20-mile trail race) in December (if Jay feels well enough after the Hill Climb and wants to run it with me, since it's on our anniversary...), either the Jacksonville Bank Marathon or The Louisiana Marathon in late December/early January (or shoot, maybe both if I don't do Cajun Coyote), and the Mississippi River Marathon (actually, I'm tempted to go ahead and register for this one now, since I KNOW I want to do it) in February, with the monthly marathons run not for further PR attempts, but as training runs for my second 50K trail race (the Mississippi 50 Trail Run, which takes place in early March). Seems like a good training plan to me... work on speed throughout the fall, then build endurance so that my next 50K (on a less hilly course!) doesn't hurt so much! And then hopefully I'll have a quick recovery from the trail so I can meet up with Sophie and Christina for a girls marathon weekend adventure somewhere.
We dream big, us runners...

No comments:
Post a Comment