Friday, August 1, 2014

HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY SUPER CHRISTOPHER!

One of my main reasons for planning our summer vacation for late July / early August this year was to overlap our west coast visit with Christopher's 3rd birthday (which is today!)
 
When we originally registered for the Mt. Ashland Hill Climb (which is next weekend), Christopher was anticipating a summer of recovery and adventure! Then he unexpectedly got sick again and treatment plans were unknown for a while. We planned our trip to include a visit up to Portland to see the Johnsons during the Oregon portion of our trip, knowing they wouldn't be able to travel south to Ashland. Following an initial series of treatments and tests though, they opted to put Christopher in a chemo trial up in Seattle. Due to the nature of the trial, Christopher needs to be there for the first and second rounds of treatment, as well as the weeks in between, meaning that he and Robyn (with Stephen and grandma alternating weeks staying with them) are in Seattle for a full month. I'm sad that I'm not able to spend time with my best friends on this trip, but I'm focusing my energy to be happy and positive, sending healing thoughts and prayers up to Christopher, who deserves an awesome birthday today!
 Robyn sent me these photos of him doing some water painting recently. I couldn't resist sending him some barn animal sheets, considering his love of all things farm. Love that smile, love those tattoos, and love that he's into crafts like Cora!
 Seriously, does he not have the best little personality ever?
(This one is from their trip to the Seattle Aquarium their first week there. I hope he's able to be out adventuring and smiling big today on his birthday too!)
 
We love you Johnsons!!! Give that sweet boy a great big birthday hug from Team Lindsay!

1 comment:

Michelle Bourne said...

Happy birthday little fighter!